Monday, January 25, 2010

workout 29

- well, I let you guys decide is workout 29 counts.

- first off, let me say that I have strep throat. I went to the doctor today. He verified it. I have the doctors note and everything. So because of my illness, obviously I wasnt able to do a normal workout. However, I didnt want to stop my streak.

- so for workout 29, I spent 30 minutes vigorously stretching. My hamstrings have always been tight. ad by "always", I mean Ive never been able to touch my toes. Never. My entire life. And one of my goals during the workout challenge was to improve my flexibility.

here is the definition of stretching

work·out (wûrk'out')
n.
A session of exercise or practice to improve fitness, as for athletic competition.


- I feel like an entire half hour of stretching is improving my fitness. what do you think? does it count?

- I also spent 10 minutes doing shoulder rehab exercises.


- time to go to sleep. Not feeling well. Ill await your responses.

10 comments:

  1. stretching for 30 minutes definitely counts! Stretching is great for your body and muscles and any kind of physical improvement to your body should count as exercise. Besides, its definitely better than doing nothing, especially since you're sick! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i would consider stretching a workout...flexibility is part of your overall fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say it counts. You're moving your body and trying to enhance your overall fitness. You're good Bobby! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stretching....30 minutes? Absolutely a workout! Keep up the good work. I know you dont think so but you have motiviated alot of us to get back into working out and sticking with it. awesome!

    RM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think stretching counts. I do yoga and it is a lot of stretching. 30 minutes is a good amount. You won't get better if you push yourself while you're sick. Good call tonight! :) Way to go for being so persistent and sticking with your goal while feeling ill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. counts! definitely counts! If I'm not feeling well or am worn out, I also fit in stretching. It's a huge part of your overall fitness and isn't less of a workout then any other activity!
    I don't even get your question! :)

    Hope you're getting healthy in 2 seconds from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dedication counts. and you have it. feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally counts, good work on the streak and hope you feel better!!

    ps: i havent lived in austin or listened to your radio show in months..almost a year actually...i worked for about 3 months at the Texas Dept of Family and Protective Services and your show was always on the radio in the morning...i absolutely adored it but tragically (not really, i love it) moved back to california! i still read your twitter updates and listen to your show every time i'm back in austin, but great job on everything! you have a very magnetic and relatable radio personality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe stretching is a workout. Especially when you are stretching areas of the body that doesn't get the amount of attention you desire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job bobby! you've inspired me to work towards my fitness goals :)

    ReplyDelete