Wednesday, January 20, 2010

workout 24

- one thing ive learned from dong ANYTHING fitness, is that EVERYONE seems to know EVERYTHING about it. I get constant emails saying -do this- or -do that- . And some that say "you are doing this wrong". Others say "you are doing it exactly right". Everyone is an expert, apparently. Except me. I dont claim to know crap because I dont know crap. I just listen to the one person I trust. and thats the advice that Ill give anyone reading this. Just find someone who you respect and trust, and go on that.

- Still sore from yesterday. Mostly in my back and a little in my legs. My (slightly) injured shoulder is doing a little better. it hurts at odd times. Meaning I can bench press a lot (for me) and i feel nothing. But if i turn the weight a certain way just holding it, i wince in pain. I showed Ahmad where the injury was, and awesomely, i havent felt pain from a lift in it since. Ive also been icing it.

- This is the hardest 3 day stretch to this point. Im not sure if its because Im getting a little tired, or if the workouts have just been killer. We worked 30 minutes with the boxing gloves and pads.

did a set of combinations (4 punches), 2 deep duck down and he swung over me, back to the combination (10 times each side)

then again, and added knees to the pads
then again, and added knees and squat jumps
then again, and added knees, squat jumps, and side kicks

it was awful.


- from there we hit the bench press with free weights
IMG00712-20100120-1600.jpg

- this next picture may not look like much, but it was brutal. bench press with a simple band. repping out as many as I could in 60 seconds.

IMG00714-20100120-1602.jpg

- we also did some light curls. and abs.

- I feel pretty wiped. I think I may go for long run tomorrow. and thats all.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right about ALL the "helpful" advice people give regarding a fitness regimen. At the risk of being one of "those people," I do recommend frequent massages and Epson salt bath soaks:-).

    You're doing great....can't wait to see how this unfolds. I might try it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, Bobby!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just figured out who you are, I feel so silly,,,
    keep up the good job.

    ReplyDelete