Friday, January 8, 2010

Workout 12 (of 45)

- "Even when its cold, you must go outside and play ball with the dog. " Thats what I tell myself a few times a day. The dog seems not to care when its 70 or 7. He just wants to play ball. and all the time. Ball Ball Ball Ball. But he's a good dog otherwise. and he has never hunched on anything. Not another dog. Not a baseball bat. anything. (and he isnt neutered)

- I went back to the pool today. Its been since 05-06 that Ive spent any real time at the pool. Back then I was training for triathlons. If you want to lose weight, do a triathlon. my first one was an Olympic. and I wish I had signed up for it on purpose. I simply checked the same box that my (at the time) girlfriend did. And I wasnt in near the shape she was. She had run 2 marathons that same year. She also beat me by about 20 minutes.

- anyway, back to todays workout. I spent about 70 minutes swimming and doing different exercises. To "warm up" I did a 400. Which is 16 laps. Which was a lot more than a warm up for me. I was pretty tired. and early.

I also did some kicks with board, which is solely for upper body. back and tri's

IMG00634-20100108-1734.jpg

- yeah, and I did wear those tight triathlon shorts. they are real tight. but atleast they arent a speedo (like the old dude next to me). They go down to the knees. However, the leave very little to the imagination.

IMG00635-20100108-1734.jpg

- the plan is to swim 2 times a week. to "rest the joints. low impact work". (according to my trainer). Im really tired. and really hungry.

- Tomorrow back to the gym with regular weights and cardio.

- Feeling pretty good after today.

1 comment:

  1. swimming, huh? good idea to mix it up!
    keep up the good work (out), bobby!

    ReplyDelete