Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 8

- I had to wake up early for work this morning. and it was a beast. except I never really woke up. Because I never really fell asleep. About 9p last night, I was feeling a little drowsy. Excited that I may actually get to sleep on time... I went to bed. and sadly woke up at 11p. The next 4 hrs was filled with Nick @ Nite, sports message boards, and trying to find new people to follow on twitter. I never got back to sleep. So at 3am, I got up and started working as I normally do.

- So of course I was pretty tired when it came time to work out. before I get to exactly what the workout consisted of, Id like to explain why I wear the dorky headband.

How I see it, I have 3 options..

1. Cut my hair and not worry about it, ever again
2. Let the hair stay in my face
3. wear a handband.

as lame as it is, the headband is pretty much the least of all the evils.

- Also... Once I wore a cut out shirt to my big gym. Amy never let me hear the end of it. and I stopped. Even though it was considerably more comfortable, I didnt want to look like a douchebag. The situation has changed now. Mostly because Im usually the only person inside this tiny gym. I could work out with my ding dong out of the front flap, and noone would see it. So I am again going sleeveless. (Note: I did not go sleeveless at the big gym yesterday)

- We boxed for 30 minutes. Ahmad threw in a new wrinkle during the workout. Randomly, he would attack my midsection with the pads. He would take 20 shots right in my abs. I had to take it. The point was for me to keep my abs tight the entire exercise. I hated it. but it worked

IMG00600-20100104-1624.jpg

- After the boxing, we went to the leg press machine and did 4 sets of 10 heavy. and from that, 4 sets of 10 (on each leg) step ups (with 40lb dumbbells)

IMG00604-20100104-1716.jpg

- From legs, we moved to chest, biceps and triceps. I did 4 sets of 12 chest press with dumbbells. followed by 4 sets of 12 hammer curls. and finally for the triceps, I did 4 sets of 12 elbow lifst. I dont really know what to call the last exercise. But here is a picture. I just lift straight up. its all triceps

IMG00601-20100104-1713.jpg


- 8 days in a row complete. Only 37 more days in a row to go. It makes me nervous to be around sick people now. Even more so than normal.

14 comments:

  1. I love that you blog, i think I will start as well. Also being paranoid about OTHER people sick will just stress you out. I think you should just keep vitamin C pills on you or eat healthy, if your immune system is strong its least likely you will get sick. Plus everybody gets sick sometimes so just man up and take it. lol I hope your working out goes well.
    -Just trying to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article has inspired me to re quite smoking and return back to my healthy lifestyle especially after this crazy holiday season .Thank you Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep the hair, keep the band, keep the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like you can follow me ( inner core )
    keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go, i quit smoking today as well. I am also starting a new diet program and exercise, im kinda chicken to blog about it cuz i will probably forget to blog then i gotta explain why i didnt blog...keep it up bobby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arms look amazingly sexy! Great job!!! Keep working...it's payin off! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Bobby! There is absolutely no room for vanity at the gym when you are committed- so wear the headband, cut off T or even daisy-dukes if it makes you feel focused and comfortable (of course once you leave the gym run to car so no one will see!). Best of luck and there is absolutely no doubt you will achieve your 45 day goal!

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has inspired me to start something I've been wanting to do. Today I started training for a half marathon and I'm keeping a blog. Here is the link if you're interested...http://trainingcori.wordpress.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is funny that you are doing this b/c I decided to do it myself in my own form of personal torture. Adding a daily dose of the "Insanity" workout to my cardio/strength routine. I want to improve my half marathon/marathon time and I think kicking my butt will be the only way to do it.

    Here is my blog which I began yesterday. I was keeping to inspire myself to keep going but maybe I will do better if I know others know about too.

    I am on day 2 of 60... sigh...

    http://40hourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobby, do you need a band-aid??! Because you are RIPPED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please, cut down on the meat. You will only feel better. You have to take care of the interior too. Keep up the good work and maybe some day, you could beat Andy at tennis......not WII tennis....the real thing.....joke...hahaha or you could try table tennis. I hear Andy is very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit, the headband and muscle shirt make you look a lot like andy samberg. not that douchey though. You could go on that look alike show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire your dedication. You gym is empty? Man, lucky you. Ever since the 1st mine is flooded with all the "new years resolution" crowd that hog all the equipment to sit & play with their phones/iPods. They need to go ahead & quit already so I can get a fast workout in.

    You use any supplements? Animal pak/cut, creatine, etc?

    Instead of paying Los to stop drinking, pay him $1 per pound lost & get him in the gym with you!

    ReplyDelete