Thursday, January 21, 2010

number 25. only 20 to go!

- I did cardio kickboxing today. More on the actual class later.

- So we're all busting our butts. we're 35 minutes or so into the class when a girl walks in and joins. I dont have a problem with people jumping in late. but 35 minutes is a little much. Then she starts to bounce around like one of those superballs. She is kicking, and laughing, and looking around seemingly saying "cmon guys, looks how easy this is!".

SHE HAD BEEN THERE 5 MINUTES. We had been there 40. I feel that a few of those ladies would have strangled her had they been allowed.

dont be more than 10 minutes late.
and if you are, just blend in with the rest of the group. dont show anyone up by going all doubletime.

-There were some cute girls in this cardio kickboxing class. and I could tell how interested they were in talking to me after class by the way they sprinted out of the room immediately when the class was over. ZOOM. GONE.

- On to my review of the actual class.

it was the 4:30p cardio kickboxing class. and even though it was during the workday, it was still pretty full. The people in the class didnt look as hardcore as the people in the Total Conditioning class on Tuesday. and for that, i was thankful. It far was less intimidating.

the hour was a mix of these two pictures








- the instructor was an attractive female. small. but in good shape. and pretty much did the entire class with us. She didnt take breaks and hang out on the floor. I have a theory on why these instructors go into the crowd and walk around. its not so much to motivate.... its because they are tired.

- a lot of punching, kicking, jumping, squating (all the things you'd expect). We didnt stop the entire hour. I had 1 drink of water because the pace was so high. Overall it wasnt as intense as the class on tuesday, but was still a good workout. and was what I needed for a medium day.

good instructor
good cardio
and good music

Ill go back next thursday.

5 comments:

  1. If you don't mind me asking, whats the name of the gym you go to? And do they hold this class at all their locations? Sounds like something I would be interested in trying out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I After listening to your show this morning, I realized that I was in the same kickboxing class with you yesterday, and the same "TC" :) class as you on Tuesday. You did great by the way!! Keep going and they will get you in shape real fast! The instructors are great and they really push you. It was my first time to go to that Total Conditioning class too, and I was seriously dying by the end of it! It didn't help that it was like a thousand degrees in there either though. If you get a chance you need to try out the "Strike" class too. Don't you love Lifetime??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about other cute girls, but when I am sweaty and disgusting after a workout, you are the last person I want to strike up a convo with. When class is done....C-yaaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried doing those caveman workouts? they are fun and nice change of pace from regular workouts. keep up the good work my man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya on the girl that came in late!! I do zumba 7 days a week as well as spin and powerlifting, and there are a couple of girls who come
    in late to every Zumba class. I wouldn't care, but they always push their way to the front and expect me to move. Frustrating, especially when I got
    to the gym 30 minutes early to assure my place! Don't let the small brained people get you down! :)

    ReplyDelete