Tuesday, January 19, 2010

workout 23.

- Ive hit over the halfway point. As of today, Ive completed a string of 23 consecutive workouts. and I feel like that number alone is something for me to be somewhat proud about. Here is a message I got my friend Megan, who I havent spoken to in a while..

"Can't believe you're doing 45 days in a row. I think I'd crack. But as for you, I don't think there's another person in the world who I'd bet on over you. I have a feeling you are absolutely going to follow through with this goal, right. Even if you can't move by the end..."

ok, enough with me congratulating myself. Im only halfway there.


- I woke up in the middle of the night with a throbbing shoulder. I may have done a little more damage to it than previously thought. I have ice on it now. I should have told Ahmad about it when it happened, rather than working through it.

- Tonight I went to another class at the big gym. It was called "total condtioning" or "total cardio". All the cool cats were just calling it TC. and everyone I spoke to before the class was bracing me for death. I pretty much only knew that it was a 70 minute cardio class.

Carlos went with me. here he is pre-workout. Thumbs up. Good Mood.

IMG00708-20100119-1612.jpg

Here I am. blurry. Carlos sucks at pictures.

IMG00709-20100119-1615.jpg


- I dont quite remember all the exercises. However, Im sure we worked every single muscle group. started with abs. moved to chest. then legs. then back, then arms, then, then, then, then. it was all a blur. and all under pretty heavy cardio. I have measured my past workouts by the amount of water Ive guzzled down. But there really wasnt a pre-determined water break. You had to stop working, and go to water. and I really tried not to. In 70 minutes, I took 3 breaks. Put down about half a bottle.

- The instructor was good. First off, he looked the part. Buff dude who was in good shape. Again.. who wants to take fitness instruction from Jack Black? He also came out onto the floor and held people accountable if they werent doing it right/working hard. Which I like.

- Los was suffering pretty bad about 50 minutes in. But to his credit, he never sat down or left the class.

- Solid workout. Ill go again for sure. Nice break up between lifting.

Here is Los after the workout. you cant tell by the picture... but he is covered in sweat.

IMG00710-20100119-1801.jpg


- Came home. cooked some dinner. Trying to eat as clean as possible.

IMG00711-20100119-1934.jpg

- if you are still working out, id love to hear your stories in the comments. or if this blog has motivated you in the least bit. Its motivated me, for sure.

11 comments:

  1. Great job Bobby! It's very sexy when a man takes care of himself in every way, mentally as well as physically..
    Keep it up..
    I've switched my exercise from once a day to twice a day, but only cuz I probably take more breaks in between...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say you have totally inspired me! Love you're dedication and positive attitude. Every time I feel like giving up on my workout for the day, I read this and feel so motivated! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you leaving the gym yesterday. I love total conditioning at Lifetime. I wonder if the instructor was David? He just completed his first iron man in November. He is a huge inspiration to a lot of people at that gym. I too have been working out really hard since the new year, not everyday like you but 5 times a week for sure. If you are ever free on a Saturday morning you should try cardio kickboxing at 10am with Keri W. at the big gym, she will kick your butt. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have totally inspired me! I have started working out again with my bf and I'm starting to feel so much better! I only need to lose about 15 lbs but it is still super hard to keep motivated! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have completed Day 16 of Insanity plus all my other workouts/runs. Made it up at 5 today and did weights/run/Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs. I have only 44 days to go. Sigh... I am usually sleepy and all the coffee in the world isn't helping but I feel like my endurance has shot through the roof.
    It is a wonderful feeling watching these buff guys poop out while the women keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobby any suggestion on working out Triceps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word of advice. Easy on the baked potatoes. It's outrageously high on the Glycemic Index, and is basically like eating the equivilent amount of sugar. High GI foods create an insulin spike, which is fine for meals immediately Post workout, but should only include carbs and protein. I'm sure none of this is news to you. Anyhow, next time you might want to try a sweet potato instead. It's better for you, and tastes better, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Yes, I'm still on board with you. Every day! My pants started falling down, and for me, that's a great result! Well...I'm off to Target to get a new belt. Keep blogging, and I will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog! I was thinking of something new for you to try, maybe not during the 45 days of working out, but afterwards when you get some rest and want something different. I have been doing Crossfit for a little over 2 months now and I love, love, love it! I really enjoy the workouts, they can leave you trashed! I've lost almost 20 pounds since joining! Thanks for posting your journey...it is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing awesome!! You should be quite proud of yourself! I'm trying to do something similar...not sure I could ever do 45 days in a row. I've been doing 2-a-days (cardio in the afternoon, then weight training/cardio after work)5x a week and am noticing results! woohoo for me...uh, I mean us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are totally inspiring me to hit the gym every morning instead of going back to bed...I am on day 23, and feeling great...Having a problem by working out and loosing to much weight...So now I am just eating, so I can keep my weight up...Thanks for the blog it helps me get to the gym.

    ReplyDelete