Monday, January 18, 2010

22nd consecutive workout

- Im feeling pretty good right now. Im over my first fatigue hump. However, the little nagging injuries are a different story. I feel like I lightly strained my shoulder a few days ago. I felt it tighten, but it was so light that I said nothing about it. I continued to work through the tightness to the point where if I put any real strain on it now.... it hurts. I also have an extremely sore right wrist. I havent been able to shake the soreness for a week or so. and my knee clicks.

none of these are serious. but I can feel it all kind of coming together. and not in a good way. I guess it was somewhat expected.

- Today was (quite possibly) the hardest workout of the last couple weeks. I measure the workout by how many bottles of water I drink. 1 bottle is an OK workout. 1.5 bottles is solid. and 2 is good. I had 3.5 bottles of water today. I was water logged, yet still needed more at the end.

- We boxed and jumped. and boxed. and jumped. for 30 minutes straight. With one 3 minute break. There were lots of long combinations on punches and dodging, followed by sets up 12 squat jumps. And again. and again. and again. It was brutal. I sweat through my shirt and my shorts. I had to ring out my headband afterward.

- We then moved to the weights

- First off was a "super set" of back. a super set is (apparently) when you go from one exercise to another immediately with no rest.

4 sets (each) of 12.

alternating arm back pulls.

IMG00701-20100118-1553.jpg

back pull downs

IMG00707-20100118-1556.jpg


- Later was chest. supersets.

4 sets of 12

upper chest dumbbell press on the ball. My lower back was firmly in the ball. and my core was working to keep me from fall over to the side

IMG00704-20100118-1554.jpg

followed by the hardest 20 push ups of my life. brutal

IMG00705-20100118-1555.jpg


- we finished with 10 minutes of abs. Total workout time 70 minutes. Rough day today. For sure

- by the way, my butt is killing me from that spin class. yeouch

1 comment: